Bake up this love spell cake for two and draw a little romance into your life.
This kitchen witch recipe marries the luxurious magic of raspberry, vanilla, and cinnamon for an attraction spell that’s good enough to eat.
Harness the romantic energy of the season of love and bake it into something warm, delicious, and magical.
(By the way, if you’re new to the art of kitchen witchery, check out Moody Moon’s introduction to kitchen magic).
If you tend to emphasize timing in your spell-casting, consider making this:
-During the waxing or full moon
-For your anniversary
-On Valentine’s Day
-Before you resume dating after a break-up or divorce
Kitchen witch pro-tip: You can always make your love spell cake during an optimal time and freeze all that magical goodness for later.
How to make a heart-shaped mini cake.
If you want to get the heart shape of the cake in this post, it’s easy.
Just line a cupcake pan with 1 cupcake liner—the traditional, circle-shaped kind. Then, use an (affiliate link —->) silicone square cupcake liner.
Once they’re baked, cut the circular cupcake in half and trim up the square cupcake until they fit together as in the image below.
You can use thick frosting to “glue” the pieces together.
Food is magic! Nearly every ingredient in your pantry has a traditional use in spellcraft.
Many of the most common baking spices (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, ect) fit neatly into a kitchen witch love spell like this one.
Here’s a breakdown of the key ingredients in this recipe and their symbolism in witchcraft.
The preciousness of this spice corresponds to the rare and eternal nature of soulmates.
Add a splash to inspire feelings of warmth and generosity in your relationship.
They literally look like little hearts!
Raspberries represent the full sweetness of romantic love and add a bit of freshness to this otherwise deeply rich treat.
Cinnamon serves as a staple love spell ingredient in everything from spell candles to incense and oils.
But its warm, spicy flavor makes it an especially ideal component in kitchen witch romance spells.
The root of the ginger plant taps into the earth and concentrates the Element of Fire into one splendid spice.
In love magick, ginger adds passion and fire to your spell.
The chocolate industry capitalizes on chocolate’s reputation as an aphrodisiac right around Valentine’s Day.
But the kitchen witch uses it in love spells all year long.
In magic, chocolate symbolizes decadence and sensual pleasure.
Love Spell Cake for Two
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or milk
For Topping (optional)
- ½ tablespoon chocolate shavings
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and white sugar.
- Add in egg, milk, vanilla extract and softened butter.
- Pour into 4 greased or line cupcake tins, OR 1 round cupcake tin and 1 large square cupcake silicone mold (if making the heart shape).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. In a small bowl, blend together powdered sugar, softened butter and whipping cream until smooth and creamy.
- Once cakes are cooled completely, assemble in heart shape (optional). Then, frost cupcakes and top with chocolate shavings and raspberries.