1. There’s more than one way to smudge. By far, the most common ritual use for sage is in smudge bundles, usually by lighting the tip and burning them during cleansing. But if you are smoke intolerant, or you just prefer a cleaner method, you can also boil sage on the stove for a cleansing effect.
2. Use in court case spells to encourage wisdom. Generally, all the parties involved could use a little.
3. Include in money sachets for prosperity. Throw a pinch of dried sage in your abundance bag.
4. Place on the altar for mental clarity. Sage is known for its balancing effect on the mind. Pinch off a fresh sprig from the garden and let it air dry on the altar to invite a quiet mental atmosphere in your sacred space.
5. Surround the base of a blue candle with dried sage. Burn it to heal frazzled emotions and spiritual disquiet.
6. Dry a large bundle and gift it to the Crone in your life. Strongly associated with wisdom and experience, dried garden sage makes a charming gift for the witch of a certain age in your coven.
7. Use in spells to break an unwanted desire for a love interest. Trapped in an unhealthy cycle of infatuation for someone who clearly isn’t right for you? Sage is uniquely suited to help you. Burn some every night next to a photo of the person until your desire wanes.
8. Burn during funeral and memorial rites. Sage facilitates healthy grief and bonding with the spirits of those who passed on.
9. Place a sage sachet in your pillow to drive away nightmares. Sage has a protective quality that is specific to mental disturbances like nightmares.
10. Scatter around an outdoor sacred space to bless the ground. If you use a specific spot in your yard or a nearby natural area, scatter dried or fresh sage leaf on the ground to bless the space and clear it of negative energy.