It’s that time of year again!
Every spring, I post new beauty rituals for Beltane, a sabbat traditionally associated with feminine beauty, enchantment and romantic attraction.
For this one, you will need:
*pastel colored piece of ribbon
*a white pillar candle
*a handful of dried lavender
*some rose oil
*A carving knife
*lighter or matches
*Vase full of spring flowers (ideally, some that you have picked yourself)
*a flattering photo of yourself
1. On the day of Beltane, choose a sunny spot to work in. Mark the circle with your fresh spring flowers walking in a clockwise fashion.
2. Sit comfortably in the center of your circle, placing the pillar candle directly in the center.
3. With your carving knife, etch a symbol of beauty in the base. The image of a swan if you are artsy and good with carving, or simply the word “beauty” both work fine.
4. Anoint the candle with rose oil. Rose oil has ancient associations with feminine beauty and enchantment.
5. Wind the ribbon around the pillar candle as you would a May Pole.
6. Charge the candle any way you like. You might chant something clever or simply imagine the divine light of Aphrodite glowing from within the candle.
7. Close the circle by gathering the wild flowers in a counterclockwise manner.
8. Place the candle on top of your photo on your altar or someplace near where you get ready in the morning, like the bathroom vanity or a dressing table.
9. Surround the base of the candle with dried lavender. I used some dried lavender stems from last year’s garden, but you can use the loose variety you’d find in any herb shop.
10. Light the candle every morning, say a small affirmation and let it burn while you go about your morning dressing routine.
11. Don’t forget to extinguish the candle!!! Never leave it burning unattended, and watch for flaring.
Check out last year’s Goddess Bath Ritual and this Summer Beauty Spell for other beauty spell ideas.
Reblogged this on ravenhawks' magazine.